Summer Yin Yoga Workshop with Eriko 3.11.19
Time & Location
About The Event
Sunday 3rd November, 2:00 - 4:00pm
(please arrive at 1.45pm for 2.00pm start)
at Yoga Synergy Bondi Junction: Level 1, 17 – 21 Bronte Rd
Summer – life energy is at its peak as we say hello to the Summer and the Silly Season! Growth, joy and spiritual awareness between the heart and mind are the focus during this season. It is the most yang of all the seasons, ruled by the Fire element in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
In this workshop we will focus on the Heart paired with Small Intestine channels. In TCM, Fire ignites all of life and Heart is compared to a supreme monarch who is responsible for maintaining internal peace and harmony. When balanced, the heart governs and circulates the blood and ensures proper assimilation of the breakdown of food in the small intestines. This enables us to feel the joy of life and live life to the fullest during these seasons. Yin is a slow, simple, and quiet practice with opportunity to cultivate awareness and mindfulness with a hint of restorative and meditative quality. The practice targets the deep connective tissues, bones, joints, fascia and ligaments in the body. It also focuses on stretching and stimulating different acupressure points from TCM. We will hold the poses passively for 2 to 5 minutes to work the fascia (connective tissues) which may have become tight over time. Movement and stretching hydrates fascia and literally help slow the aging process.
What You'll Get:
- A cooling yin yoga practice you can recreate at home
- Knowledge and understanding of TCM meridian lines and the body's energy centre
- Snacks and tea (Please BYO cup)
What to Bring:
- A smile (laughter is related sound of Fire element)
- comfortable warm clothes
- Yoga Synergy will have mats and all props but if you have a favourite mat, yoga blanket, or anything that makes this practice comfortable and at home, please feel free to bring them along!